Trevor, I could bring my cave; the one I had in the show last year if you don't think it's too heavily modified. One small tree broke off but I could glue it back with no problems. I took the batteries out of it when I got home last year and set them on the cave floor. It sat for about a month before I did anything with it and one of the batteries had leaked so there's a small dime sized spot without paint now that I'll probably never be able to match but it's not that noticeable. I also have my heavily modified flying reptile just sitting around. I think I had it in the show one year; maybe in the mid to late 90's. I could also bring an unpainted cave to compare. It’s just a two hour ride for me so it wouldn't be a problem to bring them. Just get back with me either way.
Thanks for the offer Jeff. But I think your cave would be just a bit overpowering. You did an awesome job on it, but it is very big and eye catching. Also, the wooden base wouldn't fit together with the rest of the kits.
Looking forward to the pics Steve.
If I get a few minutes this weekend, I may post a couple WIP shots of my sailback. It's moving right along. Finished the mouth last night and am ready to start painting the body. Hoping the base moves along quickly this weekend also.
Last night I boxed up my boxes for the show. Think I am bringing around 20 of them. I know I have multiples of a few of them, but can't remember which right now. (71 & 72 versions)
My sailback is almost done. Base needs a couple minor touches, and the dino need clear-coated, then touches of gloss in a few sposts. Will post a couple pics this weekend. First time I have used orange on a dino I think.
I have the Cave just about done - just need to finish off the small pieces. The base and Cave itself are done. Will be great to see everything displayed together - I've never seen it before in person. Steve
Neither have I. That is why I am so stoked about this.
Even though I have all the kits, I have never had them all built and displayed together. Closest I have come was putting all the bases together to get the overall size and such. But that was without the kits. And the bases were a mix of finished, unpainted, and crappy paint jobs I got on ebay.