Thanks, Trevor! I made that base so my ankylosaur would have "more room"! The part that supports his feet is the recent Revell issue, the front part was made by cutting a wooden base to the shape I wanted. The wood was covered in Das Pronto and details were carved in to match the plastic base when they were connected. Real pebbles, half a ne-mans boulder and a milliput snake help make the scene complete. I did this thinking that I would never acquire the "real thing"... but a few months later I managed to come across a complete ankylosaurus in the box for a good price! Maybe one day I'll get him finished... S'Kid
Here are a few words from Kurt, taken from a few emails.
The dimetrodon's sail is now almost an inch taller than the stock kit. I think it makes it look a bit more anatomically accurate, and just a bit more dynamic too. It was not easy getting it to look right.
Everyone of the critters, trees and plants have all been modified in one way or another too. Some of the plants may not look familiar, but I assure you everyone of them came from some part of the PS line, and was sculpted by the artists at Aurora.
I used copper colored paint throughout the color schema of this build-up as an homage to the original kit. I mixed the copper with white and black paint to create the various tones. What looks like gray tones are actually the mixed copper.