One of the things I really want in the display this year, is an example of all 4 mammoth versions. This mean, I actually need to build all of them. Last night I pulled everything out and started working on it all.
The one that is going to take the most work of course, is the one with the prototype parts. It needs to stand on 2 legs and be rearing up. This means, gluing, bracing, and supporting the weight of all of it.
Now I have discovered another issue. Trying to put the heads on. At first I had an idea of how I would mount them. Then I discovered that wasn't going to work. Mainly because I am still figuring how to even get them on in the first place.
As you can see, the resin replacement heads are basically the same design as the original styrene heads. Which leads to an issue. The styrene heads fit snugly over the neck area of the body. They do that by enclosing it when you put the 2 halves together. The resin heads are solid. There is no way to snap them over the neck. Think I am going to have to do some grinding with the dremel.
No pics yet, but yesterday I modified the straight leg on the one mammoth so I can display the platybeladon without issue. It's not perfect. Kind of collapsed a bit here, and a bit of a gap there along the seam from heating it. But it works.